EMSA Update August 2020
For Community U9 - U19 Boarded
- EMSA is looking to form cohorts with 4 teams with a maximum of 12 players on each team…. To keep us below the 50 maximum cohort set out by Albert Health (If AHS increases the Sport Cohort number, we can have more players per team or increase the number of teams). Coaches will have to mask and socially distance for all practices and games to remain excluded from the cohort number.
- The leagues will be round robin formats and we will re-seed the cohort teams after a two-week break (quarantine), so teams will get an opportunity to play others, not just the same 3 teams. We will look at Natural breaks such as December to re-seed
- Tournaments may not be able to organize due to the two-week quarantine period needed to re-cohort the groups. If AHS increase the cohort number from 50-100 things could change.
- Trialists or Guest players will not be accepted due to the Cohort restrictions
- All parents, players, organization will need to be ready to discontinue the program if Alberta Health Services cancels the Cohort system.
- Every team must have a Covid Contact Person that will be responsible to contact the EMSA office for any reports of possible Covid exposure and follow all protocols from AHS.